Faith Lutheran High School (FLHS) is a unique college-preparatory institution. What makes us special is our Christian worldview, intense classical program of study, committed students, and outstanding teachers.
FLHS is owned and operated by Faith Lutheran Church, a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS), yet is not exclusively for Lutherans. FLHS is open to members of other Christian churches as well. In fact, about half of our students in preschool through high school are members of other churches.
Our curriculum is thoroughly steeped in Christian beliefs and is taught from a Christian point of view. However, we do not exclusively use Christian textbooks. We believe high school is the time to begin to introduce students to theories, ideas, beliefs, and ideologies which they will encounter outside of the Christian community. We strive to explain and evaluate these based on God’s Word.
- College preparatory curriculum
- Classical education model: Students read primary source materials
- Students respond in both written and spoken form
- “Great Books” of Western civilization used in theology, history, and literature (See reading list)
- Four years of theology, history, English/literature, math, and science required
- Three years of a foreign language
- Art and Music Appreciation
- Orchestra, Choir, and Bell Ringing Choir
- Computer applications
- Committed to the Lord
- Committed to growing in their faith
- Committed to their studies
- Committed to joyful service
- Committed to living their faith
FLHS employs only the finest Christian teachers. All are dedicated to the Lord and to the teaching profession. They are skilled educators with a love of teaching and of their students.
Intense program of study
FLHS’s curriculum is extremely challenging and not for the faint of heart. Students must be above average in God-given ability and well above average in work ethic and study habits.
All subjects are taught from a Christian perspective and explore the role of faith in students’ lives and in society.
- Computer lab
- School library
- Large gymnasium and stage
- Science lab
- Art room
- Choir room
- Band room
Faith Lutheran School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in its admission policies, administration of rights, privileges, programs and activities.
To arrange a visit with the principal, tour the school, and/or receive enrollment information call the school office at (972) 423-7448.
Minimum program requirements
- Four years of theology (one for each year of enrollment at FLHS)
- Four years of history (senior year=government/economics)
- Four years of literature (English)
- Four years of math (must include Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II)
- Four years of science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy)
- Three years of foreign language
- One year each of logic, rhetoric, and speech and debate
- Art and Music Appreciation plus two semesters of fine arts
- One year of computer/technology courses
- Half a credit of physical education and half a year of health
28.5 required credits plus 3.5 elective credits for a total of 32 credits