Faith Lutheran High School (FLHS) is a unique college preparatory institution. What makes us special is our Christian world view, intense classical education program of study, committed students, and outstanding teachers.
Faith Lutheran High School is owned and operated by Faith Lutheran Church, a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS), yet is not exclusively for Lutherans. FLHS is open to members of other Christian churches as well. In fact, for Pre-K through High School about half the students are members and half are not.
Our curriculum is thoroughly steeped in Christian beliefs and taught from a Christian point of view. However, we do not exclusively use Christian textbooks. We believe high school is the time to begin to introduce students to theories, ideas, beliefs, and ideologies which they will encounter outside of the Christian community. We strive to explain and evaluate these based on God’s word.
- College preparatory curriculum
- Classical Education Model:-Students read primary source materials
- Students respond in both written and spoken form
- “Great Books” of western civilization used in Theology, History, and Literature (See Reading List)
- Four years of Theology, History, English/Literature, Math, and Science required
- Three years of a Foreign Language (Currently Latin or Spanish)
- Foundations of Physical Fitness
- Computer Applications
- Computer Programming
- Committed to the Lord
- Committed to growing their faith
- Committed to their studies
- Committed to joyful service
- Committed to living their faith
Faith employs only the finest Christian teachers. All are dedicated to the Lord and to the teaching profession. They are experienced and skilled educators with a love of teaching and their students.
Intense Program of Study
FLHS’s curriculum is extremely challenging and not for the faint of heart. Students must be above average in God-given ability and well above average in work ethic and study habits.
All subjects are taught from a Christian perspective and explore the role of faith in students’ lives and in society.
- Computer lab
- School library
- Large gymnasium and stage
- Science lab
- Art room
- Band room
Faith Lutheran School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in its admission policies, administration of rights, privileges, programs and activities.
To arrange a visit with the principal, tour the school, and/or receive enrollment information call the school office at 972-423-7448.
Minimum Program Requirements
- 4 Years of Theology (One for each year of enrollment at FLHS)
- 4 Years of History (Senior Year=Government/Economics)
- 4 Years of Literature (English)
- 4 Years of Math (Must include Algebra I, Geometry, & Algebra II)
- 4 Years of Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- 3 Years of Foreign Language (Latin or Spanish)
- 1 Year of Formal Logic Instruction
- 1 Year of formal Rhetoric Instruction
- 2 Semesters of Fine Arts
- 1 Year of Computer/Technology Courses
- 1 ½ Years of Physical Education (Must include Foundations of Personal Fitness)
- ½ Year of Health
- ½ Year of Speech
28.5 Required Credits plus 3.5 Elective Credits for a Total of 32 Credits